3/16/07

Upriver

"Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way"
Captain Benjamin L. Willard, Apocalypse Now

Lately I have been thinking about taking my art into a new direction. I have been in a creative rut for a while now. Originally I studied photography, but received my B.F.A. in Motion Graphics, and now I work as a graphic designer. Individually each discipline has never produced the results I have been looking for. Combining them with other disciplines, such as video, sound, sculpture, and installation, could potentially result in provoking and intriguing art; a digital post modern fusion. So far the search for this fusion has been mainly confined to my head and I have yet to produce anything of substance, but I have reached a fork in the river. It is time to take the images in my mind and make them reality. Updates of my progress will follow.

No comments: