3/24/07

Stuck at home

Doctors orders were to keep my knee elevated as much as possible for 3 to 5 days. So to entertain ourselves over the weekend we rented a bunch of movies. Here are some quick thoughts of our choices.

The Ballad of Jack and Rose
A strange little movie, not sure how to describe it. Daniel Day Lewis was superb.

Scoop
The best Woody Allen movie in a very longtime. Allen was especially good, as was Ian McShane playing s a ghost.

Black Dahlia

This was a really bad movie with horrible writing. Brian De Palma has lost it as a director.

For Your Consideration

I had high hopes for this film, due to the fact that I loved this ensembles in other films: Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, and A Mighty Wind. I enjoyed this movie and it had its moments of classic humor, but it was my least favorite film from these creators.

The Holiday
This was Jessie's choice. Involved two separate story lines. On involved Kate Winslet and Jack Black, which had it's funny moments. The other story line involved Cameron Diaz and Jude Law, which would of been okay except for Diaz. It is beyond me why she continues to get work, she is a horrible actress.

No comments: