3/17/07

Art and rain


Today Jess and I headed over to the Olympic Sculpture Park on the waterfront in downtown Seattle. I was really hoping to shoot some pictures during our walk through the park, but as soon as we arrived it started to rain. The picture above, of a retaining wall, was one of the only pictures I managed to get before the deluge began. After thinking about it, it was kind of nice to just walk around the park without thinking about what the next photograph would be. Sometimes when you get locked in looking through the view finder, you miss other things that go on around you. Towards the end of the park, there were a bunch of trees right on the water. In one of the trees was a solitary bald eagle. He just sat there, ignoring all the people watching him, while at the same time checking out the all the public art surrounding him. This was the first bald eagle I have ever seen in person and it was really cool to see one so close. I apologize for the poor picture quality of the eagle, it was raining very hard at that point and I took the picture very quickly.

No comments: