4/24/07

More edge required

Generally I'm not that into reality television. The one exception is Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch. For the life of me I can not figure out why I like this show. I think it boils down to what my friend Terry said, “The show depicts real people taking real risks.” I agree. The show resonates with me because there is a place deep inside me that wants to to be living a life like the Alaskan fisherman in the show; out in the elements and on the edge. Check the show out sometime.

1 comment:

P. Ollig said...

We had a friend up in Seward that was a crab-boat fisherman for a few weeks a year. He loved it, and had all sorts of gruesome stories about his boat-mates getting limbs torn off and other being pulled to the bottom of the Bering Sea after having their foot inadvertedly get wrapped up in the crab-box ropes.

Not a job I'd want.